estudyante redux

back to school in 3….2….1….

enrolled! 4 June 2009

Filed under: enrollment — Sara @ 14:56

I had a glitch. At the latter part of yesterday I had to have this form stating my income bracket signed by both my parents. Then that got them into thinking that I should apply for STFAP because I’m supposedly independent and since I’ve worked before, I’m supposed to be paying for myself and not need any signatures or approvals from “legal guardians” or “parents” (yeah, that’s what I’ve been wanting all these years, if they weren’t so clingy…sheesh).

Because of that I stayed up last night to study the requirements for financial assistance. In some of the parts I’ve read (if I’ve interpreted it correctly), I might not even be eligible for it. WHUT. But I’ll just have to clear that up with the student affairs office. There are so many freakin’ requirements and documents! Plus, the application has you fill out so many details like household members, their annual wages, and the working appliances in our home. If I want to be even close to being approved for STFAP, I should seriously move out and not have anything to do with my parents’ house…which is actually something I look forward to. But that’s another story.

In the end my dad decided that he’ll sign the Bracket B form and pay the PhP1000 per unit tuition and I’ll try to apply for STFAP next sem after I’ve inquired properly and worked out the details. He went with me to school because he was the one with the moolah. We went first to CHE and he went to Vinzons to withdraw monies while I had my tuition assessed. I asked the nice lady if I could change my income bracket next sem, because my parents might not pay for my tuition anymore. She said I could, which is great, so I’m gonna have to worry about my STFAP application for next sem.

Next step, Payment at OUR. My dad an I started walking, but it also started raining! WAH. haha so we went back to CHE and got the car instead. At OUR the line was really short so I only had to wait 10 minutes (or less) and I got to pay my tuition and got my form 5! Whoohoo~


One Response to “enrolled!”

  1. Loraine Says:

    Now let me answer your long overdue question.

    Even if you earn an allowance below the minimum wage, you need to declare it – you still need to file an income tax return (BIR Form No. 1700 – No, you will not pay anything. You will fill-out the form and have it stamped as “Received” by the BIR.

    The received copy of the BIR form is the proof saying that you are earning but not does not need to pay any income tax.

    It’s along answer that’s why I didn’t answer thru txt. =P

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s